World Class coaching from RNZYS coaching staff, led by NZ Extreme Skipper Graeme Sutherland supported by Olympic Nacra 17 sailors, professional match racers and members of the RNZYS Performance Programme.
Two full foiling carbon fibre Nacra 20, upgraded and modified to suit match racing training, including all safety gear, full spares kit. Ex Team New Zealand training platform from the 2017 Americas Cup. Also available are the RNZYS fleet of 10 Elliott 7 racing yacht and RNZYS members keelboats.
PROGRAMME 16TH DEC – 12TH JAN
- 16-24th December, training in Kawau Bay, Nacra safety course, match racing training, theory session, fitness testing, training and nutrition
- 25th Dec-12th Jan training at the RNZYS club base Westhaven marina Auckland, short course Nacra racing, Keelboat and offshore training in Elliott 7, MRX and members keelboat. In house Nacra 20 regatta
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS
Extensive safety course
• Foiling theory
• Match racing theory
• Practical sessions on foiling, advanced match racing,
sailing and racing techniques
• In house match racing regatta on Nacra 20
• Off shore training in keelboats
• Match racing training on Elliott 7 and MRX keelboats
• Train with and be coached by the best sailors in the world