COVID-19 Member Update – Sunday 28th February 2021

Dear Members,

Following last night’s COVID-19 Government announcement, Auckland has moved to alert level 3 for seven days as of 6am this morning, Sunday 28th February 2021. 

This means that the RNZYS is now closed for at least the next seven days and will not re-open until we move down to alert level 2.

Please note the below points:

– Sailing: All club racing and all sailing events are now postponed until further notice.

– Club Events: All club events, including Ladies Coffee Morning (Tuesday 2nd March), America’s Cup Party (Tuesday 2nd March), Ladies Long Lunch (Friday 5th March) are postponed until further notice.

Please note we are currently planning to reschedule all sailing, club racing and club events. We will update you as the situation develops and when more information comes to hand.

In the meantime please refer to https://covid19.govt.nz for official information and guidelines.

We encourage all members to stay safe over this time and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the Squadron very soon.


Aaron Young

Hayden Porter

Recent Posts