We know sailing is good for the soul

We are working on ways to keep you connected with the ocean because the ocean is the
heart of our club’s shared values and it makes us feel happy and alive

We are closely following Ministry of Health guidelines and will post updates here, as they pertain to the RNZYS

Updated: 23/03/2020 8pm

As you have seen today, things can move very quickly.  I am sure you are aware the NZ Government has moved our alert level to level 3, increasing to level 4 in 48 hours.

This decision will place the most significant restriction on New Zealanders’ movements and daily life in modern history.

As part of that RNZYS will need to close its doors for at least a month starting from today.

We will be assessing various things within the club over the next month and looking at ways to continue to keep you engaged within the club environment albeit remotely.  As I am sure you can imagine this is a stressful time for staff in particular and we are working with them to ensure the impact of this is managed.

A number of our team will be working remotely so you will be able to make contact on things should you wish to.

We have survived for 149yrs so far and plan to be here for at least that again!

Stay safe

Ian Cook – Commodore
Aaron Young – Vice Commodore
Andrew Aitken – Rear Commodore
Gillian Williams – Chairman of the House
Hayden Porter – CEO

RNZYS Sailing Updates

  • Havana Rum Racing, tonight & ongoing until the end of April – CANCELLED
  • Harken Young 88 Nationals, this weekend – POSTPONED TBA
  • Barfoot & Thompson Ladies Series, Final Race, Tue 24/03 – CANCELLED
  • Coast NZ Etchells Sprint Series, Tue 24/03 – CANCELLED
  • Club Marine Wednesday Series, Final Race, Wed 25/03 – CANCELLED
  • Barfoot & Thompson NZ Women’s Keelboat Nationals, 27-29/03 – POSTPONED TBA
  • Club Marine Insurance Cruising Rally, Final Race, 28/03 – CANCELLED
  • Stewart 34 Collinson Forex Championship, 28/03 – CANCELLED
  • Coast NZ Etchells Nationals, 04-05/03 – POSTPONED TBA
  • MRX Masters National Championships, 04-05/03 – POSTPONED TBA
  • 36 Degree Brokers Commodores Cup Series & Westhaven Triple Series Haystack Race 04/04 – CANCELLED
  • Colin Forbes Packaging Easter Rally 10-12/04 – CANCELLED
  • Theland NZ Open Keelboat National Championships, 18-19/04 – POSTPONED TBA
0