Mastercard Superyacht Regatta to go ahead next week
Following the Prada Cup Finals dates now being confirmed, The Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron (RNZYS) are thrilled to also confirm that the Mastercard Superyacht Regatta 2021 is going ahead as planned next week (23-27th February).
Thank you for your patience over the past few days as the situation in Auckland has evolved. We are now ready to move forward with what will be a superb week of superyacht sailing, motoring and social events.
As with any major sporting event organiser in this current climate, we had planned for this exact situation some time ago should it occur. With Auckland currently under Alert Level 2 restrictions, we have a planned contingency to run the event safely within the Government guidelines.
Please see the below contingencies that we have put in place:
Event running under current COVID-19 Alert Level 2
– We are currently planning to run the event under Alert Level 2 where all yachting and boating activity is allowed.
– In regards to the off-water functions, these restrictions mean we can have a maximum of 100 persons in each venue. We are lucky to have multiple venues at the RNZYS, and will ensure everyone’s safety is upheld by extending the social events around multiple venues at the club and connecting them via screens and sound. Live Music, DJ’s and culture will all be on show.
– None of the on-water racing will be affected under Alert Level 2, however we would strictly recommend that all participants stick to the Governments COVID-19 health guidelines and use your tracer appYou can view this information via:https://covid19.govt.nz
Prada Cup Schedule implications
– With the recent changes to the Prada Cup schedule, there is a chance that the Prada Cup racing may flow into Wednesday 24th February, creating an overlap with the Mastercard Superyacht Regatta. In the unlikely event that this occurs, the Mastercard Superyacht Regatta races on that day will be rescheduled into the same timeframe over the 3 remaining days.
– If the Government announces that we are moving down to Alert Level One, all social events can go ahead as originally planned with no restrictions on numbers per venue.
– If Auckland were to move back into Alert Level 3, we have set aside some dates for the event to take place later in March.
We would like to thank you all in advance for your cooperation with this, and regardless of the situation we are very much looking forward to seeing you all next week for what is going to be a fantastic event at the RNZYS. Please see some further updates below in our latest Mastercard Superyacht Regatta Newsletter.