COVID-19 RNZYS Member Update – Friday 20th March 2020
Like all of you we continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and the rapid changes that are occurring in our communities at present. Our Flag officers, key staff and myself have been in constant discussion throughout this period. We take our role as one of the world’s leading yacht clubs very seriously and as such have had to constantly make some tough decisions recently given the almost instant decreased use of the club.
Effective immediately we have suspended all on and off-water events to assist with stopping the spread of the virus as quickly as possible. We have suspended all sailing and training until 30 April 2020. We will be reviewing this position prior to that date and communicating an update to members.
Whilst we have already taken initial action with reduced hours of operation and reduced staff we will adjust this further again from tomorrow (Sat) with reception only opening 11-3pm on Saturday and Sunday and the Members Bar 11am – 6pm.
From Monday 23 March this will be adjusted again as per below.
RNZYS OPENING HOURS
Monday – Friday
Members’ Bar Open 11:00am-6:00pm
Saturday and Sunday – closed
These are all subject to ongoing change and review
RNZYS SAILING – LATEST UPDATES:
- Havana Rum Racing, tonight & ongoing until the end of April – CANCELLED
- Harken Young 88 Nationals, this weekend – POSTPONED TBA
- Barfoot & Thompson Ladies Series, Final Race, Tue 24/03 – CANCELLED
- Coast NZ Etchells Sprint Series, Tue 24/03 – CANCELLED
- Club Marine Wednesday Series, Final Race, Wed 25/03 – CANCELLED
- Barfoot & Thompson NZ Women’s Keelboat Nationals, 27-29/03 – POSTPONED TBA
- Club Marine Insurance Cruising Rally, Final Race, 28/03 – CANCELLED
- Stewart 34 Collinson Forex Championship, 28/03 – CANCELLED
- Coast NZ Etchells Nationals, 04-05/03 – POSTPONED TBA
- MRX Masters National Championships, 04-05/03 – POSTPONED TBA
- 36 Degree Brokers Commodores Cup Series & Westhaven Triple Series Haystack Race 04/04 – CANCELLED
- Colin Forbes Packaging Easter Rally 10-12/04 – CANCELLED
- Theland NZ Open Keelboat National Championships, 18-19/04 – POSTPONED TBA
RNZYS OFF-WATER EVENTS
At this stage, all regular off-water events are also cancelled until the end of April. This is for the safety and wellbeing of members and staff. These include Quiz Night, Secret Women’s Business Meeting and Coffee Mornings amongst others.
We encourage you to keep sailing and spending time on or around the water for your health and wellbeing – sailing is good for the soul!
We will continue to keep you updated and we thank you sincerely for your ongoing support and understanding during this unprecedented time.
Hayden Porter CEO and the RNZYS Flag Officers
For the latest updates, please stay in touch via our website and facebook
You can contact the national Healthline on their designated COVID-19 number on 0800 358 5453 or visit their website HERE